NeoOffice error?

M

MacInWin

When I open NeoOffice 3.0.1 (and before that 2.x), I get an error message:

Error loading BASIC of document
file:///Users/<name>/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/basic/Standard/script.xlb/:
General Error.
General input/output error.

I click on OK and it repeats, then NeoOffice opens and appears to work just fine. Happens every time I start NeoOffice. I've searched for "script.xlb" and there is no such file anywhere I can find. Googling for the error results in a couple of problems three years ago, but nothing recent and nothing that works.

Can anyone point me in a direction? It's not fatal, but very annoying and I don't want to ask my wife (A technophobe) to use NeoOffice because that error message will freeze her in her tracks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have you created a new user account to see if it does it there?

I'd probably try deleting (just move it to the desktop or trash) the NeoOffice plist file that would be found in:
Users/your user/Library/Preferences
Log out and back in

OP
M

MacInWin

Nothing there by that name, but I deleted the entire NeoOffice-3.0 folder I found there and the error message went away. When I shut down NeoOffice it had created a new NeoOffice-3.0 folder. Reopening NeoOffice was clean. I think it's fixed.

I put this entire sequence in so that if anyone else searches they will see that deleting the old folder fixed the problem for me.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.