Windows for Mac

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am a little new to things...and I am sure this has been asked before, so please be gentle :)

I currently have an Intel Macbook, and also several Windoze machines. I am getting to a point now, where its becoming impractical to run both, for obvious reasons. This, and I work away from home a lot, and under these circumstances, I always take the Mac.

This is all well and good, however, I run a lot of custom programs which are Windoze only, and I need to run XP.

I am aware that there are various programs out there, such as Paralells, but I am wondering, if there are any good, open source programs that do the job well?

I have had a little google, and don't trust everything I read - so it makes the most sense to pop a note on here to get a broad range of opinions...

As far as I am aware, I don't own a copy of XP, as all the machines I bought had it pre-installed. So, is there something, perhaps where it would automatically boot a program up etc?

Many Thanks
Neil

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're looking for an open source virtualization program, look no further than VirtualBox. To use virtualization products though, you will still need a legitimate copy of Windows.

What programs are you trying to use?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.