Upgrade from 10.2.8 to 10.3?

S

Saintv1

Okay, call me dense, but I just realized that while I'm running OSX 10.2.8 (Jaguar, yes?), my G5, which I bought a year ago, came with Install CD's for OSX 10.3 (Panther).

Now, I'm still a newbie, sadly, so I what I'm inclined to do is install 10.3 using the disc labeled "Intall Disc 1 - Upgrade Disc." Is this the easiest way to update? Also, is there anything I should know or do before hand to avoid losing anything in the process?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, update, as far as anything to know, make sure as the type of installation, you choose either upgrade install or archive and install, which ever is available at the 'select install location' step by clicking the options button, and remember, you have to boot from the disc to install, hold C during startup to do that, repair permissions after its done, its possible one or 2 apps may not be os 10.3 compatible, usually 3rd party apps, so just check versiontracker.com if you have any problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.