Sorry but I'm getting rid of my Mac

Reaction score
New Macbook Pro 15 2.53 is on ebay now. I tried but I was still "bootcamping" it too much and also miss the simpler keyboard shortcuts I'm used to on the Windows machine.

It is a beautiful piece of hardware but the functionality I'm used to trumps that.

Thanks for all your help here.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's not for everyone. Good luck with your sale.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
No need to say sorry...you gotta do what ya gotta do!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2005 G4 Mini & 2014 Mini & 2020 M1 Mini
Why not keep it and just use windows on it?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Maybe since the MBP is "new"...the OP is trying to get as much money back as possible.

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Running Windows full time on a Mac is like using a Bentley to deliver pizzas. There is cheaper hardware to run Windows on that is more suited to the task. Although the Boot Camp drivers do a decent enough job of remapping keys and adding in the Apple-specific trackpad functionality, there are some nice Windows notebooks out there that are just easier to live with running Windows on them.

Frankly, just the presence of a hard drive activity indicator would be reason enough for me to buy a run-of-the-mill PC to run Windows on as my sole OS.

OP
H
Reaction score

Its just a lot of little things that pile up. No Backarrow. Copy/Paste keys different. No audible alarm for Caps Lock. Etc. Add in some software differences, shortcomings, etc. No 1 BIG thing, just lottsa small ones.

Running Windows full time on a Mac is like using a Bentley to deliver pizzas. There is cheaper hardware to run Windows on that is more suited to the task. Although the Boot Camp drivers do a decent enough job of remapping keys and adding in the Apple-specific trackpad functionality, there are some nice Windows notebooks out there that are just easier to live with running Windows on them.

Frankly, just the presence of a hard drive activity indicator would be reason enough for me to buy a run-of-the-mill PC to run Windows on as my sole OS.

Agree and in some cases while being less $$$ they are actually more robust. Just enuf for me to sty the course (or unswitch).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06GHz - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD
I had just updated my PC hardware (Asus M4A78 + AMD Phenom II X4 920) when I realized that the operating system would not «operate» faster.. so after hearing from a friend who got a new MacbookPro, I decided to make the switch and bought the new iMac..

What can I say.. other than I will probably never go back to a Windows platform computer. My new toy is just so enjoyable, I really love it. Thank you Apple ;]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
I had just updated my PC hardware (Asus M4A78 + AMD Phenom II X4 920) when I realized that the operating system would not «operate» faster.. so after hearing from a friend who got a new MacbookPro, I decided to make the switch and bought the new iMac..

What can I say.. other than I will probably never go back to a Windows platform computer. My new toy is just so enjoyable, I really love it. Thank you Apple ;]

haha!

Wise move mate, you will not regret it :D

Reaction score
New Macbook Pro 15 2.53 is on ebay now. I tried but I was still "bootcamping" it too much and also miss the simpler keyboard shortcuts I'm used to on the Windows machine.

It is a beautiful piece of hardware but the functionality I'm used to trumps that.

Thanks for all your help here.

How much simpler? Just asking. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 09 version
Intersting what happens to some when the marketing and hype wears off ...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was wondering the same things too. How much simpler can it get than "COMMAND + Q" for example?

You're missing the point. You have to want to change when you switch platforms. If you're the kind of personality who does not like change (and that statement is true of a very large group of people), then the Mac will be a HUGE disappointment.

Why should someone have to get used to hitting Command+Q instead of simply closing the window? Well, if I want to do it the Mac way, I would make a choice to do so.... but if I don't like change, I'm going to label that action as "unintuitive" and see it as an annoyance, regardless of how good of a reason there is for it to work like that on a Mac.

OP
H
Reaction score
You're missing the point. You have to want to change when you switch platforms. If you're the kind of personality who does not like change (and that statement is true of a very large group of people), then the Mac will be a HUGE disappointment.

Why should someone have to get used to hitting Command+Q instead of simply closing the window? Well, if I want to do it the Mac way, I would make a choice to do so.... but if I don't like change, I'm going to label that action as "unintuitive" and see it as an annoyance, regardless of how good of a reason there is for it to work like that on a Mac.

Well put and fits me to a T.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.