Virtual Box

Reaction score
Hey I needed to use VirtualBox so I could use 1 windows app for work, but right now its just kinda in a window and i dont really like the scroll bars on the sides, ive been trying to tweak it but thought I would ask the screenshot on the page
pic here
how do they make it look like that anyone know?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I think you're looking for Seamless mode. You may have to install the Guest Additiosn first though. Let me test it and I'll get back to you.

EDIT: Just tried it. When Windows is booted, go to Machine > Seamless Mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Yes, you want seamless mode. Like vansmith said, you need to install the guest additions. Here's how: you boot up your VM, and then do Devices > Install Guest Additions... and that will mount an ISO image on your guest OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Also, you may want to download the latest version, 3.0.10. Probably has some security updates and stuff like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Why is the Windows menu bar on the TOP? I've never seen that before!

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
ahh thats it guys! Thanks :D Its really actually kinda wierd to work it like that, Im like wait am I in windows or am I in my mac haha, thanks.
and all the stuff I install under windows that just stays on the virtual harddrive right am I correct when I say that? So even though im pretty sure I wont get a virus if I do it just stays in that windows machine and doesnt transfer over any way.

The only thing im not liking is sometimes the background bleeds through but then goes away

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
and all the stuff I install under windows that just stays on the virtual harddrive right am I correct when I say that?
What happens in a VM, stays in a VM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.