HAHA.. Oh Sony...

Z

zakm52

I love seeing apple products all over tv and in other ads. They are even in the competitors ads! I just saw an ad on TV for the Navy and there was a G5 iMac in the background. ;) :mac:

sonyad.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
which navy commercial? the navy doesnt have many macs as compared to pc.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
*scratching head* I don't get you Sony. Who the heck is in charge of their advertising department?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
maybe they intend for you to go straight to bed and surf some pr0n

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I don't see the iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
zakm52 said:
I love seeing apple products all over tv and in other ads. They are even in the competitors ads!

That's a Sony Vaio S-series.

Obviously, they've copied the TiBook's silver case/black keyboard color scheme, but that's hardly new. Is ther any PC vendor that hasn't?

Apple needs to pick a new color scheme.

First all notebooks were beige.
Then came the charcoal-colored PowerBook 100.
Then all notebooks were charcoal.
Then came the Titanium PowerBook G4.
Now all notebooks are silver.

OP
J

jessica

I prefer the silver. COmpaq has one that is real close to the pbook from afar. I saw it in an ad then in person at costco last night. I actually love the real clean bright screens, but if you weigh the pros and cons...
nice screen so you can see the bsod better OR adequate screen so you can use your notebook when you want to without the hassle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
jessica said:
I prefer the silver. COmpaq has one that is real close to the pbook from afar. I saw it in an ad then in person at costco last night. I actually love the real clean bright screens, but if you weigh the pros and cons...
nice screen so you can see the bsod better OR adequate screen so you can use your notebook when you want to without the hassle.

I saw that same notebook at Costco last night as well. That is a pretty sharp screen it has, isn't it? I agree with you, though. I would much rather have a decent screen with an exceptional OS and total package, than an exceptional screen with a lackluster OS and somewhat decent total package.

-Chris

OP
Z

zakm52

The Navy ad

It has several guys standing in a hanger by a jet or something and right behind them on a desk is what looks like an iMac. I am trying to find it online...

Reaction score
zakm52 said:
It has several guys standing in a hanger by a jet or something and right behind them on a desk is what looks like an iMac. I am trying to find it online...

I have seen that.

OP
S

section31

bassplayrr said:
I saw that same notebook at Costco last night as well. That is a pretty sharp screen it has, isn't it?
-Chris

That's got to be the one I saw at Costco on Thursday. I was in a rush and didn't mean to really look at the electronics section but that screen really caught my eye and made me stop and take a look.

OP
M

metsfan489

technologist said:
That's a Sony Vaio S-series.

Obviously, they've copied the TiBook's silver case/black keyboard color scheme, but that's hardly new. Is ther any PC vendor that hasn't?

Apple needs to pick a new color scheme.

First all notebooks were beige.
Then came the charcoal-colored PowerBook 100.
Then all notebooks were charcoal.
Then came the Titanium PowerBook G4.
Now all notebooks are silver.

Actually that is a powerbook. This was already proved in the comments sections of engadget. Here is a link to the stock picture they used:
http://www.fotosearch.com/PHD484/127007/
If you use the websites built in zoom feature you can clearly see the mac desktop as evidence in this screen shot:
http://petro.typepad.com/photos/resources/sony_mac_ad.jpg

Edit:
The following link is directly to the image zoomer where that screenshot was taken so you can see for yourself. (just soom in on the screen and onto the actual computer and it is no doubt a pb.

http://images.fotosearch.com/fszoom.asp?pp_sku=PHD484&image_name=127007

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
edgefusion said:
I don't see the iMac?

I don't see an iMac, either.

Edit: OK I reread the original post. The iMac was in the Navy commercial..not the SONY ad. I reallly need to go to sleep...hehe.

And that is a PB running OS 9 in that shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
zakm52 said:

I saw that too, i was comming here to post about it but you guys beat me to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.