Vista and BootCamp 1.1.2

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to install Vista using BootCamp 1.1.2 (I'm running Tiger and don't want to pay for the Leopard upgrade) but when I restart my MacBook and run the Vista CD I get an I/O error saying that I should disconnect any peripheral devices, drives, etc. I have no such drives connected and keep running into the same problem. Is there a problem running BootCamp 1.1.2 and installing Vista? I suppose I could try installing XP first and then upgrading it to Vista.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Vista drivers came in Boot Camp 2.0 or 2.1, and thus your version will only support XP.

OP
H
Reaction score
Also,

If I install XP first can I do an upgrade (in lieu of a clean install) to get Vista running?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Is Boot Camp 2.0 or 2.1 the version that comes with Leopard?

Yes, 2.0 comes with Leopard, 3.0 comes with Snow Leopard.

Also,

If I install XP first can I do an upgrade (in lieu of a clean install) to get Vista running?

As I said earlier, the problem you're having is that your version of Boot Camp does not have the necessary drivers to even run Vista. The only possible way I can think of is to find the 2.0 drivers. However, without actually owning Leopard, that would be an EULA violation and we're not gonna get into that here at Mac-Forums.

You can download Boot Camp version 1.2 which requires Tiger X.4.6 or later and run XP only. Ss you do not provide computer specs, assume you are using an Intel machine? Otherwise buy Leopard.

Apple Bootcamp 1.2 - Desktop Tools - Downloads - PC Authority

He already has a copy of Boot Camp. What he wants is to run Vista, but 1.2 doesn't support Vista. He'll need 2.0 to do so. Also, you can download 1.2 but it won't run since it's expired.

The only option to run Vista on your Mac will be to upgrade to Leopard. There's no other legal way to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.