owc superdrive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, I know many brands aren't supported in itunes and other iapps, but patchburn usually fixes that, in patchburn, was your drive listed as a type that could be used with patchburn, like where you select the drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the drive should already work with toast, have you checked the system profiler to see if its shown as a dvd rom drive and not a plain cd? also, if you installed it yourself, are you sure you did it all correctly? not to question your abilities.

OP
M

meanopause

Yeah i believe i installed it correctly. i had to swap my old top-of-the-superdrive with the new one because something was glued on to it. I'm guessing it is right because osx recognizes cd's and dvd's i put in it.

i've uploaded a ss of my system profiler.

curious if i have to reset my pram or something.

ss.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats odd. have you tried burning in other apps than toast and itunes? like in the finder?

OP
M

meanopause

yea...same thing. something about unrecognized or incompatible format. owc told me to try some different media. if that dont work....rma

heh

OP
M

meanopause

well, i tried it with a sony cd-rw and sony dvd-r and it worked. so i guess if you buy the OWC Mercury superdrive upgrade for your powerbook. You're going to have to buy name brand media.

how inconvenient is that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.