New iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
I'm currently sitting in my office at work looking at my, newly delivered, unopened, 1st mac in it's box. (New iMac 21.5 incher)

Can't wait to get home and get it out of the box. Am I sad or what!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Congrats! Looks like you're in for some fun when you get home tonight.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm currently sitting in my office at work looking at my, newly delivered, unopened, 1st mac in it's box. (New iMac 21.5 incher)

Can't wait to get home and get it out of the box. Am I sad or what!

Open box...breath deep...suck in that new computer smell!!!;)

Enjoy!,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Open box...breath deep...suck in that new computer smell!!!;)

Enjoy!,:)

- Nick

I still remember that smell. That was my most favorite smell in the world. I wish Apple would sell car fresheners with that same smell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D, iMac G3, iMac G5, eMac, Powerbook G4, iPod Touch, iPod Nano and iPhone 3G
That's cool! I switched a couple of years ago myself. I still have my first iBook G4 with it's original box. Opening it up for the first time is truly magical! :)

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
Well.. guys iMac is up and running. Typing this on it now! I'm very pleased indeed. I'm a total noob, never used one before... apart from about 1 minute in Apple store. I'm pretty familiar with it already. Love it, I'm totally lost in this fantastic screen and the OS seems great. In fact, I had to pop around to my dad's earlier to help him sort his new iPhone (me and my dad have had iPhones since they first came out) and just using his very flash Sony Vaio notebook with Vista on it for a few minutes seemed very inferior already. I'm not looking forward to work now (I use XP all day every day). Think I'm officially mac brainwashed!

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
BTW, I was trying to turn it on for the first time and I couldn't find the on button. I actually had to read the instructions!!! First time ever! That's how much of a noob I am. HAHA!

T

todd51

Congrats on the new (and first) Mac! I'm still eagerly awaiting my quad-core i5 to ship. It sounds like they have started to ship already, but I think mine might take a little longer since it was a custom build. I had them pre-install iWork 09.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
i was desperate to get mine sooner rather than later so i just had it come as is. I then went out and bought iwork.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
Congrats on the new (and first) Mac! I'm still eagerly awaiting my quad-core i5 to ship. It sounds like they have started to ship already, but I think mine might take a little longer since it was a custom build. I had them pre-install iWork 09.

I talked to a apple rep today and they said they still have no word on when they will start shipping the quads yet. I have a quad core custom build I am waiting on as well I wish they would hurry up. On the order status it still says ships November.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
According to MacDailyNews, the i5s started shipping earlier this week and i7s today.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I talked to a apple rep today and they said they still have no word on when they will start shipping the quads yet. I have a quad core custom build I am waiting on as well I wish they would hurry up. On the order status it still says ships November.

Not sure if read about this...but another Mac-Forum member who ordered one of the new quad-core iMacs is getting his on Tuesday.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/175285-new-imacs-have-shipped.html#post941214

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
well my orderstatus is still "not shipped yet" so in the next few days i hope this changes to at least "preparing to ship" but on the bright side my macbook pro should be here tomorrow or friday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Congrats on the new computer, i just got one of those for a video/picture editing computer at my work. ITs awesome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.