MacBook Pro 13-inch: 2.26GHz vs 2.53GHz

Reaction score
Is there any significant difference between the 2.26GHz and 2.53GHz? Been using PC's ever since the 486 but would like to try a MacBook Pro 13-inch.

Most intensive thing it'll be used for is watching movies, burning CD's/DVD's, and making homemade movies out of clips recorded from a digital camera.

- Would be upgrading the 2GB ram on the 2.26GHz to 4GB (do you recommend?)
- Would be satisfied with either 160GB or 250GB HD
- Would probably get AppleCare to extend up to three years (do you recommend?)
- Would also most likely purchase a keyboard/mouse/monitor at some point to use with the MacBook Pro 13-inch for a "desktop" feel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Tons of threads like this...

The difference is 270MHz... which in the old days would be an entire computers worth of processing power... but today really isn't anything.

-I recommend upping the RAM to 4GB if you pay for it yourself (PC-8500 DDR3 at 1066MHz) and install it. You'll need 2x2GB sticks.
- I have 160GB in my laptop and it more than suffices, but again if you want to upgrade later, it's really easy and cheap to get a bigger faster drive, and really easy to install.
-AppleCare is the best extended warranty out there.
-no need, the trackpad and built in keyboard are amazing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.