• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Turkey time soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I came across this little article about how to help your turkey taste better, and I'm going to give it a shot this year and I thought I would share the link with you guys as well.

Turkey Brining Basics

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I love turkey. Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. This year, I'm having the whole family over to my place and I'm planning on cooking at 20-24lb bird.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love turkey. Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. This year, I'm having the whole family over to my place and I'm planning on cooking at 20-24lb bird.
Yeah we are having a large get together as well, doing turkey and a goose as well.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Thanksgiving? Didn't that happen already? :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Thanksgiving & Christmas are both great holidays! Not because of the gift giving...that just makes Christmas a BIG pain in the butt!;)

But both holidays mean going "over the top" when it comes to food...and of course seeing relative's that you haven't seen in a while...and some relatives that maybe you don't need to see more than once/year!!!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
My turkey is going to come from a bottle this year.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My turkey is going to come from a bottle this year.

I'm not so sure that's a good thing!;)

Maybe a little of both...some "eating turkey" & some "drinking turkey"!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Best holiday ever... tons of food... did I mention tons of food?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Best holiday ever... tons of food... did I mention tons of food?

And Green Bay Packer football! I don't care if they are playing like absolute stinking garbage right now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Yup, another turkey lover here! I just had my first turkey dinner of the season last week. I went to Claim Jumper for their turkey supper meal. Yummy!

At the end of this week I'll be visiting my daughter and grandchildren. Since my birthday and Thanksgiving are coming right up, we'll be having a double celebration. More turkey I think!

Happy turkey feasting to all of you this holiday season! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I had some turkey at work yesterday, it was SO delicious, I have not tasted a turkey that good ever before. Cook said she made it herself, don't even know how she did! I suspect God came down and handed it to her. It was that delicious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
And Green Bay Packer football! I don't care if they are playing like absolute stinking garbage right now!

/facepalm that really hurt to watch yesterday. Tausch comes back and gets hurt, same knee... apparently not serious, but still... *covers face in shame*

Hopefully we rebound this week and decimate the Cowgirls and then get a freebie (wasn't this one supposed to be a freebie?) on Thanksgiving. I will be at my fiancee's parents' house, so hopefully we win handily. Otherwise, there are going to be way too many people who will see just how crazy of a football fan I am.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On turkey day we watch some football and then go out and play some smear the queer (no offense to anyone) then let the binge eating began. The best thou is the left over sandwich Mmmmmmm thats what I'm looking forward to.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Wow everyone really loves turkey? I'm kind of impartial to it, I'll eat it but only the white meat and it has to be the breast area. I'm seriously picky.

It's one of the few holidays that I actually cook a full coarse dinner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I love turkey. I usually make turkey dinner back at home (my dad likes my turkey better than my mom's haha) but no turkey dinner last year since I moved out to CA. This year I'm having a turducken! It's gonna be delicious! :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Turkey, one of my favorites of all time. I am for sure doing a turkey here. Even my cats can't wait! :D

CWA, can I drop over??? :D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I love turkey. I usually make turkey dinner back at home (my dad likes my turkey better than my mom's haha) but no turkey dinner last year since I moved out to CA. This year I'm having a turducken! It's gonna be delicious! :D

That's the first time I've heard of turducken. Sounds kind of offensive, but I'm guessing it's some kind of hybrid of a turkey and duck?

This year I'm going to try and deep fry a turkey. I hear that it's healthier and it seals in the juices and well if the oil is hot enough it should instantly make a seal/casing and prevent any additional oils to enter the meat. Peanut oil most likely but need to make anyone with nut allergy doesn't eat the deep fried one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.