Windows 7 heat(?) problem

Reaction score
I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my 15" MacBook Pro.
When I'm playing games on it, it gets very hot, as do all MacBooks that run Windows, but at a certain point the computer goes all narcoleptic on me and logs off and falls asleep. It is possible to just log on and continue playing, but it starts doing it more and more frequently. I'm guessing that it's because the computer is too hot, but I have no idea. My graphics card is an Intel GMA-X3100, 144 Mb.
Has anyone else experienced this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What games are you playing? It's very possible that you're just pushing your machine too hard. Be thankful the machine shuts down if it's getting too hot though. If it didn't, you could be looking at some damage to your machine.

Secondly, what surface are you playing it on? You need a surface that is conducive to good airflow such as a desk or table.

OP
C
Reaction score
Currently I'm playing Call of Duty 4 and Dawn of War 2. I played Call of Duty 4 when I had XP installed too and that caused me no problems. I usually place my computer on its notebook sleeve, but I could try with my desk instead.

OP
C
Reaction score
Putting it on the table instead of the sleeve seems to have done it. It doesn't get anywhere near as hot as before now. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Always make sure that wherever you use your MB or MBP, that you put it on a hard surface.

That way the airflow isn't cut off or obstructed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.