Logic Pro 9

Reaction score
Yo everyone, I just upgraded to Logic pro 9 but its 36 gigs of stuff.....i only have 8 gigs left on my on board hard drive, what kind of apps can i move to my external and how do i do that, if i click and drag it just copies them......not what i need......any help would be appreciated!

myspace.com/jacktheripperbeats

Reaction score
Not what you asked but...

X-Slimmer could be worth a look, I saved a gig of space that way. Also monolingual should save a few hundred megabytes but make sure you've got a backup before using that - it's always been fine for me but can sometimes cause crashes apparently.

Also you can delete the printer drivers to save around 500mb and the voices. Can't remember where they are stored but google it. I think the Alex voice alone takes up 1gb of space, make sure you don't delete all the voices though.

Reaction score
Yo everyone, I just upgraded to Logic pro 9 but its 36 gigs of stuff.....i only have 8 gigs left on my on board hard drive, what kind of apps can i move to my external and how do i do that, if i click and drag it just copies them......not what i need......any help would be appreciated!

myspace.com/jacktheripperbeats

It's probably copied over all the audio loop stuff and such like. I use Logic 7 still and stored my loops (or didn't install them last time I think) on a separate HD. Check out the installation section of the manual as I think it refers to this..

Regards, Rimmer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Like Rimmer said, it's the audio loops that are a major contributor to maxing out your HD.
I have Logic 9 also and the majority of the samples I moved from the Library/Audio/Apple Loops (29.15GB) folder and Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files (12.66GB) the to an external FW HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.