Wierd font issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.53 Ghz Unibody Late '09 Macbook Pro w/ 500G 7200RPM HD & 2010 iMac 21.5" 3.20Ghz I3 & iPhone 4
I have recently been using my MacBook to post updates to my blog. I have tried Blogo, MacJournal, and have kind of settled on MarsEdit as my preferred tool. I also use Twitterfeed to then push the updates to my Facebook and Twitter feed.

When the feed shows up in Facebook, all of the punctuation marks are replaced with things like &#8230 …(hoping a screenshot shows up here)....

This only happens when I post from the Mac.....
Any thoughts? Thanks!

clip1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Are you using the MarsEdit only on the Mac? This is an HTML coding issue. It looks like MarsEdit is sending bad code, but I can't see the source because your example is an image.

A thought: In /System Preferences/Language & Text/ Formats Tab, make sure that United States is selected, and not a Custom setting. That might make a difference.

OP
dmrowley
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.53 Ghz Unibody Late '09 Macbook Pro w/ 500G 7200RPM HD & 2010 iMac 21.5" 3.20Ghz I3 & iPhone 4
I do have United States set. I am going to try a test post from Windows Live Writer and see how it fares.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.