Firefox & Flash

D

Dookie

Hey pple. Ok for some reason when I goto watch a flash movie or something, for example ninjai or something, it kinda lags while i'm watching. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me? And does anyone know how to fix it?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
This happens to me also, but only on my iBook. The only remedy that I have found is to use Camino or Safari to use in conjunction with flash content. After using those two apps with flash, I have had no problem with lag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
just wondering , what is your cpu clock ? , because if it's a complex flash with allot going on it's going to use more cpu and more recources to play it . so an older machine may not handle it as well as a newer one would . i have a g3 ibook 800 mhz and i use fire fox and i havent seen any lag with any flash movie yet .

OP
D

Dookie

yes when it comes to the point of unbarable lag, I switch to safari also. Kinda annoying though, switching back and forth.

As for my system specs, I have the latest 12" powerbook w/ 768 ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
This seems to be a Firefox/Unix-type-OS kind of thing, as it happens on Linux with Firefox as well. It doesn't seem to be as bad with Mac OS X, but yes I have noticed it.

Nice to know that a quick switch to safari is all that is need to catch the latest StrongBad Email lag free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.