• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Free Movies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD
Does anyone know where to view and or download high quality movies for free? Thank you:D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hulu.com

Netflix if you have an account there already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -
i use utorrent to download movies ( im new at this) and it says ¨ a firewall or router is limintg your network traffic. you need to open the port or try to use a different one, so that the others can connect to you¨
how can i open the port ??? PLEASE HELP.! What should i do ??
THANKS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
i use utorrent to download movies ( im new at this) and it says ¨ a firewall or router is limintg your network traffic. you need to open the port or try to use a different one, so that the others can connect to you¨
.... What should i do ?
Buy the movies instead of downloading them illegally?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -
yes, but what about if i live in Europe ? , i think that´s only for the US !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Buy the movies instead of downloading them illegally?

Sometimes people don't realize the punishment for downloading illegally. Lets put it this way..

You buy 4 movies for $15 each. Thats $60.. not that bad...

You download 4 movies illegally for free... but then you get caught. Thats $250k per movie in fines or a total of $1 million. I don't know... are you willing to risk a million dollars to save $60?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Doesn't matter here.
Please re-read (or possibly read for the first time, based on your response) the Community Guidelines:
Community Guidelines said:
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity.
Period.
We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here.
If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Its illegal in Europe too. However, even if it wasn't, this board is located in the United States (the servers) and therefore chooses to follow US law and regulations. Please read the forum rules for more information about what is allowed here and what is not. If it doesn't say it on the forum rules but does say it in US law, its now allowed even if it said otherwise on the forums.

Edit : Devilboy beat me to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.