Norton SystemWorks & NDD Discontinued?

D

dreamthr

I have a new 17" 1.67 PowerBook 10.3.9. The installation CD for SystemWorks 3.0 doesn't boot OSX as it should when necessary. After a lengthy wait with Symantec support, I was advised that they are discontinuing SystemWorks & NDD for any OSX after 10.3.7.

Does anyone else know of this, or was my tech consultant mistaken?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
dreamthr said:
I have a new 17" 1.67 PowerBook 10.3.9. The installation CD for SystemWorks 3.0 doesn't boot OSX as it should when necessary. After a lengthy wait with Symantec support, I was advised that they are discontinuing SystemWorks & NDD for any OSX after 10.3.7.

Does anyone else know of this, or was my tech consultant mistaken?

That is correct. I don't think one would really need it, but some use DiskWarrior, can't remember any others off hand.

OS X Journaling pretty much keeps your disk in order, no need for Speed Disk, and the Disk Utility Repair/Verify Disk seems adequate to me.

OP
B

Badger

This move was announced several months ago. Symantec seems to feel that continued development is too costly for the market. In reality (imo) Norton's has been left behind by TechTool, DiskWarrior etc and Symantec won't put in the effort to update it. The only Symantec Mac product still active is NAV but whether Symantec is really committed to NAV and the Mac is a good question. You can make your own bootable utilityCD with the programs you want by using BootCD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.