Turning off PPPoE

adz

Reaction score
Up the top of my macbook with snow leopard next to the airport icon is the PPPOe icon.
It says "no pppoe configurations were found".
How do I get rid of this as I think this is why I can't type in my subnet mask and router fields on the network preferences panel.
When I click the network settings there's no PPPoE option, just airport, ethernet and firewire options.

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
adz:

The selection and configuration for PPPoE is done through your router. Most, if not all ISPs use that protocol; turning it off or eliminating it will probably result in "no connection".

WIKI definition of PPPoE

If that message is showing up in your top menu, that means you have something configured incorrectly with your router. Check your router manual for proper setup - possibly you can reset the router to default and it will fix itself. Any questions on what to use, contact your ISP support.

Regards.

Reaction score
So, I've just done this "cosmetics" problem.
System Preferences -> Network -> create new network connection with "+" sign on the bottom of window.
Then create PPPoE connection and uncheck Show PPPoE status in menu bar.

It's done.

Reaction score
Thanks. This solved it for me!

So, I've just done this "cosmetics" problem.
System Preferences -> Network -> create new network connection with "+" sign on the bottom of window.
Then create PPPoE connection and uncheck Show PPPoE status in menu bar.

It's done.

Adding, clicking the checkbox, and then removing the PPoE thing did it. THANKS!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.