bootcamp and window 7?

Reaction score
currently, will bootcamp handle window 7 without any problems? thanks

Reaction score
Yes, but as it stands right now, Apple has yet to update Boot Camp to officially run it. But it still runs well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro. 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HD
No complaints here. Running 7 via Boot Camp with OS10.6.1

T

todd51

It should run fine, although OFFICIAL driver updates have not been released from Apple yet.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
currently, will bootcamp handle window 7 without any problems? thanks

Apple will officially support Windows 7 in December probably with an update to the current Boot Camp 3.0.

If you're installing Windows 7 x 32 bit you should have no problems. Note, however, that Boot Camp 3.0 may not have drivers for all your hardware if you install the 64 bit version of Windows 7. (The driver model for Win 7 is the same as Vista.)

Regards.

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a Macbook Pro 4,1, and can verify that I've had no problems with running Windows 7.
Although I did not use the Bootcamp installer itself, rather I installed directly from the Win7 DVD, and used my Snow Leopard disc to install the bootcamp drivers in Windows later.

I'm sure if that has worked for me, there would be no problem using bootcamp to install and partition in the usual way.

John.

Reaction score
hmm. I have windows 7 running perfect, BUT I think there is a conditional part to this. When I used the leopard disc for drivers, sound didn't work until i did more work. This was done with 64bit windows 7.

I believe windows 7 runs seemlessly on bootcamp if you have these conditions:

64 bit windows 7 WITH SNOW leopard disc for drivers

OR

32 bit windows 7 with EITHER snow leopard or leopard disc for driver support.

I don't officially know any of this, but i believe the drivers they put on the snow leopard disc are different and support what is soon going to be the updated bootcamp.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't officially know any of this, but i believe the drivers they put on the snow leopard disc are different and support what is soon going to be the updated bootcamp.

The drivers that are currently on the Snow Leopard DVD (Boot Camp 3.0) are for XP, Vista X32, Vista X64. No specific ones are included for Win 7. However, as has been mentioned, the driver model is the same for Vista and Win 7 which is why most drivers are available. The exception may be for certain hardware under Win 7 X64. Apple will officially support Win 7 in December.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.