Converting mp3s into a format a CD player can recognize?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 256MB 1.33 GHz, 60GB hard drive, airport extreme, combo drive. Also own a PM G4. Old Skool
Afternoon, my fellow Mac users. I have questions. I have mp3s, not illegal ones of old radio show bits I want to burn to audio CD-Rs. The problem is my aftermarket CD player in my car can't play mp3s.

Anyone know how I can convert them so such CD players can recognize them and play them? If so, what software, (freeware and/or shareware) is available?

How about iTunes? Can I convert these mp3s in iTunes? If so, how?

Thanks, all your help is appreciated.

Reaction score
MrRich said:
Afternoon, my fellow Mac users. I have questions. I have mp3s, not illegal ones of old radio show bits I want to burn to audio CD-Rs. The problem is my aftermarket CD player in my car can't play mp3s.

Anyone know how I can convert them so such CD players can recognize them and play them? If so, what software, (freeware and/or shareware) is available?

How about iTunes? Can I convert these mp3s in iTunes? If so, how?

Thanks, all your help is appreciated.

iTunes can do the job for you very easy. Under the FILE drop down, choose the first option NEW PLAYLIST. Then double click on the new playlist under libraries and kind of drag it over to the left some. Then simply drag the files from the main library that you want to the new playlist. You can get about 20-26 files, depending on size on a disk. Once you have the files in the playlist look at the top right you will see a circle that says BURN DISK just click on it and it will check for fit, then click again and it will burn the disk for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
you may have to go to the iTunes menu and then preferences, then burning, to tell it that you want to burn an audio cd, rather than a data disc.

also, if you go into preferences, you can select the file type you want to use to import stuff in. then, you can click on "advanced" when you are in iTunes, and select "Convert Selection to_____"

D

dstyrk

Is it true you can only burn a playlist like 5x before you have to run some script or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
dstyrk said:
Is it true you can only burn a playlist like 5x before you have to run some script or something?

You can not burn the same playlist if it has Purchased music in it 5 times. All you have to do is create a new playlist and it keep going

D

dstyrk

trpnmonkey41 said:
You can not burn the same playlist if it has Purchased music in it 5 times. All you have to do is create a new playlist and it keep going

I'm a bit confused.. Your saying that with purchased music, you can burn it 5x. Then make a new playlist of the same songs and you can do it another 5x?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Or you can burn it once, then rip it back to your computer, and then be able to burn it n-times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.