Abbreviating a link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I never knew how or needed to know using windows or a Mac how to make a one worded link that is highlighted and clickable. Now I want to learn, I know it's a simple thing to make like this word "here" become a clickable link. I hope I am explaining this right. I see these one word clickable links in these forums all the time and I just want to know how it's done. Hope I'm in the right place.:|:Confused:

thanks for a reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
When your typing, there is an "Insert link" icon above the text box. Click that and put the URL into that little window that pops up. When you click ok, your link will show in your text. To make it a word or words of your choosing, delete the highlighted text and type what you want the link to be. I'll try to include a screen shot shortly.

NOTE: In the screen shot, the highlighted text is highlighted automatically when you click OK on the link text box after you put your URL in. Change that text to whatever you want and that will be what your link is named. Note that the highlighted text is between the brackets containing the HTML code.

Screen shot 2009-10-30 at 2.45.07 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in mbook 2.4ghz intel snow leopard upgraded 4gb ram / 2g iPod touch 16gb jailed/ airport extreme
Mr X easiest to to do one , then get newbies/learners to quote you and see the txt for themselves ..fj

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Okay, thanks for the replies. I got the idea now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.