Spreading the Ratings

Reaction score
i cant even give rep to the ppl that help me, like iWhat and macman. it says i need to spread rep to others. but "others" didnt help me, so what can i do, not give them rep even though they helped me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I agree, there are people I'd like to add to thir rep, but it says to spread it, sort of redundant and ridiculous that the people that are helping suffer for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Just go on and spread the love.. and I agree I have had that happen to me several times, but it's no big deal.. if that person keeps saying good things, then once you've spread the love you'll be able to give them more rep points.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
shaun89:
I'm sure you read many more posts than just the ones you make. I'm also sure in reading that you see many others providing great replies or starting great threads. Rate on those also. The point of the system is to rate posts whether or not they only apply to you.

Macman:
Suffer is strong word. I think you take all this far too seriously, it's a tool...one of many. Life will go on. Worrying yourself of this like you often do will do nothing for you except give you an ulcer ;). I'm sure there a quite a few helpful members here and if you can't find enough to spread the "love" around then you're very selfish in who you read ;).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
schweb said:
shaun89:
I'm sure you read many more posts than just the ones you make. I'm also sure in reading that you see many others providing great replies or starting great threads. Rate on those also. The point of the system is to rate posts whether or not they only apply to you.

Macman:
Suffer is strong word. I think you take all this far too seriously, it's a tool...one of many. Life will go on. Worrying yourself of this like you often do will do nothing for you except give you an ulcer ;). I'm sure there a quite a few helpful members here and if you can't find enough to spread the "love" around then you're very selfish in who you read ;).
I know, there are tons of helpful members, and I didn't mean suffer, I guess I meant that those people are the ones that should be getting their user rep added to, but can't, so there seem to almost be consequences of some sort to being helpful more often than not. I agree that the vote should be spread around, but not necessarily in the way that you have to vote for another person before you can add rep to someone else, maybe a time frame would be a good idea?
just a thought. :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
schweb said:
The point of the system is to rate posts whether or not they only apply to you.

Yup. I have rated posts in thread where I haven't replied or posted at all. If someone gives a good answer, then there really is little use for me to post the same thing or add anything, so I would just give the person who answered the recognition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.