MacBook Unibody as Router for Nokia E71?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" incl. Vista Business
Hey eveybody,

about six month ago I decided to switch from my (still beloved Thinkpads) to a MacBook Unibody 13". In general I can live with the switch especially since Vista uses the Bootcamp partition for some stuff (e.g. proper excel) and (strange enough) Vista is way more stable on my machine than the original Mac OS X :Confused:

However, here my problem:
A few days ago we (I live in a student house) got a new internet provider (KPN in the Netherlands) who actually blocks smartphones from connecting to the router. Changing anything at the router settings is impossible since it is inaccessible for me.

Current setting:
WiFi Router is connected to MacBook via WiFi (obviously), cellphone (Nokia E71 can not connect)

scenario:
WiFi Router is connected to MacBook via WiFi (cable is not possible) and now my Nokia E71 will connect to the MacBook to connect itself to the internet.

Why this construct is necessary
To sync my cellphone directly with google.contacts, calendar, gmail. I don't like iCal and especially address book. hence i want to avoid those tools if possible. additionally a direct sync usually inhibits less potential for sync failures. and i don't have a G3 contract with my cellphone provider (cellphone rates are rather expensive in NL).

thanks already in advance for any advise

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the case, but I am pretty sure that you need an ethernet cable to turn your Macbook into a router. What I usually do at home is that I'd use my iMac, which is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable, as a router to use my Macbook elsewhere around the house, since I do not have wireless connection back home. I think it uses the Airport as a wireless transmitter, which is why it can't receive wireless signal and then send out wireless signal at the same time.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" incl. Vista Business
I also would be happy if it is possible to connect the phone via bluetooth to the macbook to enter internet this way and thus syncing my google cloud stuff with my mobile. but somehow i can pair them but they unpair within seconds?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.