Rename drive

Reaction score
I have recently (august 09) switched from windows pcs to imac. I have a network drive attached to my airport extreme, but it comes up as '.psf' (X:). I am running parallels and xp because I have an exrensive database written in Microsoft Access and I need to run that database for my home business.
My database has T: written into the code, so that I can get it from anywhere on my network. There is a LOT of visual Basic coding in the database, so I can't just rewrite it. In fact, I can't even start it unless the drive is identified as T: with no '.psf' in the name.
Does anyone know how to force the system to recognize it as T:, at least when running in Parallels?

TIA
Floyd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
So in your XP virtual machine, you need to map the external drive as a T drive?

Open My Computer, click Tools --> Map Network Drive

Choose T from the drop-down list and browse to it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks Davanw;

I did that before but it gives it a name like T: (X:). I tried it at your advice and it works. It's still called T:(X:) but it does work. Now if I can just speed up the data transfer, it'd almost like a tape drive.

Many Thanks
Floyd

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.