what are some of the main functions of Apple mac OS

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to the forum so if this post is in the wrong part of the forum i'm sorry.

Anyway what I am here to ask i'm doing an assingment and I though I would choose apple mac OS as a comparasion of windows vista or 7 now I know about Microsoft although I havent used any other OS but Microsoft so I was wondering what are some of the main functions of Apple mac OS "any of Apple mac OS"

any help would be greatfull thanks john :) .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
mac os or mac os x?

because it was mac os until it reached version 10 I believe then they changed it to mac os x 10.

features that the new macs have are being about to run microsoft software on it i.e windows xp and vista. Macs nowadays come with built in webcam, microphone, airport wifi adaptor, and bluetooth capabilities. They also come with the latest version of ilife. ummm thats all I can think of atm oh yeah and there is this application called Exposé and if your screen is cluttered with windows you can move some of them over into other screens so you can have 4 screens open. sorry thats the best way I can explain it.

I will include a link to a picture just incase my description of exposé makes no sense

mgsfan18

exposé picture by mgsfan18 - Photobucket

Reaction score
Not to mention Time Machine.

Time Machine will automatically back up your entire Mac, including system files, applications, accounts, preferences, music, photos, movies, and documents.

It not only keeps a spare copy of every file, it remembers how your system looked on a given day — so you can revisit your Mac as it appeared in the past.

Time Machine automatically makes incremental backups every hour, every day, copying just the files that have changed since your last backup.

And it does this all in the background, so you can continue working while Time Machine is busy copying your files. Time Machine saves the hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups for everything older than a month.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Wow time machine sounds awesome I never mentioned it because I have never used it before

Reaction score
It's easy, all you need is an external HDD, plug it in and you'll instantly be prompted hat you have the ability to use it for your spare copy's.

It can also be shut off at will, and before some major changes are being made, you can manually make a copy.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for ya help :) ill be able to do atleast a page or two in my own word for my assignment and i said any mac OS :) havent picked a specific OS i might just make it about the general OS of mac :).

Thanks John.

Reaction score
It might take awhile, but it will be comprehensive! A little light reading won't hurt the student... lol

Good luck with the assignment.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.