Where did my Applications folder go?

Reaction score
I just had a new HD installed in my iMac. I noticed the Applications folder was not on my dock, so I found it using Preview. However, when I tried to put it on my dock it vanished, and now I cannot locate it.

How can I find it now?

Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
So when you go to your HD on the desktop, there is no Applications folder inside of it? Also, try going to your desktop, going up to finder menu, and point to Go > Applications and see if it gets anywhere. This sounds pretty strange. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problem! Glad I could help. Now you can continue to enjoy your Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in mbook 2.4ghz intel snow leopard upgraded 4gb ram / 2g iPod touch 16gb jailed/ airport extreme
you can use cmd ^ a keys to access your apps folder from desktop so tou don't have to have it on your dock. hope this helps. fj:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yea, you can't put things on your dock from the finder's side bar. It will just pull it off the sidebar. :) You can put the Apps folder back on that by going to the folder (inside the HD icon) and dragging it back to the sidebar too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
you can use cmd ^ a keys to access your apps folder from desktop so tou don't have to have it on your dock. hope this helps. fj:)

Is that right? It doesn't work on my MBP. When I enter cmd^a it brings up Safari and a particular web page. I'm still trying to figure that one out. But, it doesn't bring up the Applications folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For me, Cmd+Shift+A tells my Safari to Auto-fill for forms or the like. There's probably some setting you can change that will make that shortcut access the apps folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
/facepalm you have to be in finder for that shortcut to work, duders. Not chilling in Safari on macforums still. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.