PC to MAC

Reaction score
I am about to purchase the MACBook to become my everyday machine and walk away from PC.
First, I need some direction...
I create podcast, mp3's and html pages for my church and need to find an equal PC related software.
I use Mixcraft 4 to create my podcast (multi-track) software. I can edit the volume as needed on each track and many other simple things. When finished I exported to a "mixed down" mp3 and I can pick the compression levels. What is good in the MAC to mix and create mp3's?

Next, I take the mp3's and import them into a program called Snosh, this converts them to swf's and creates the web html page with a player (very much like You Tube, it does convert video as well). What is good on the MAC for that?

Finally, I update my RSS feed page using RSS Feed Creator (Windows). What in the MAC world will help with that.

All of the above sounds like a lot, but I have purchased it all for under $100.

Hey I work on a budget, especially when trying to purchase a MAC. :Smirk:

Thanks, Capt Woody

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Um, The equivalent podcast software, actually BETTER software, comes for free on a Mac. And it's Mac, not MAC. MAC is a networking term. Mac is a computer.

In OS X, you use GarageBand to record multiple tracks. Then you can send it to iTunes in AAC form (which is podcast format already) and can either keep the format as is in AAC or change it to mp3 (preferences or command comma and then advanced import settings).

As for RSS, try using google... first hit: Feed for all

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.