can't get all the music on my iphone copied to my itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hi all!

Well as of yesterday around noon central time...I'm very happy to report I'm finally after all these long years a mac user! :)

After years of PC windows use, sony's, Dell's, Hp's etc...I have a brand new and shiny (well they're not that shiny) Macbook pro 15 inch.

Between the machine itself and the new OS, I'm in love. I really want to kick myself for sticking it out with windows and regular pc's for as long as I did. Did I pay a premium for this computer...oh yes...but it's worth EVERY penny!

Computer specs:

15 inch Macbook Pro Glossy
2.8ghz intel core 2 duo
4GB of ram DDR3 soon to be upgraded to 8GB
500GB Hard drive at 7200 rpm

And hopefully...when they actually get in the darn stores a magic mouse.

My only compliant or problem? Well it's bothering the crap out of me, but it's not a computer problem..it's a little old dum me problem. I can't for the life of me seem to be able to get all the music on my iphone copied to my itunes. Anyone know how the heck to do this write, and to get everything set up on my mac the way it should be (library, syncing and so on) with my phone and my itunes?? :) Anything would be sooo much appreciated!!

So hello guys! I fear I will spend more time on these forums than I should, but what the ****... :)

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP (mid 2009), 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD. 24" Cinema Display. 32GB iphone 3gs, 32GB iPad
Hi all!

Well as of yesterday around noon central time...I'm very happy to report I'm finally after all these long years a mac user! :)

After years of PC windows use, sony's, Dell's, Hp's etc...I have a brand new and shiny (well they're not that shiny) Macbook pro 15 inch.

Between the machine itself and the new OS, I'm in love. I really want to kick myself for sticking it out with windows and regular pc's for as long as I did. Did I pay a premium for this computer...oh yes...but it's worth EVERY penny!

Computer specs:

15 inch Macbook Pro Glossy
2.8ghz intel core 2 duo
4GB of ram DDR3 soon to be upgraded to 8GB
500GB Hard drive at 7200 rpm

And hopefully...when they actually get in the darn stores a magic mouse.

My only compliant or problem? Well it's bothering the crap out of me, but it's not a computer problem..it's a little old dum me problem. I can't for the life of me seem to be able to get all the music on my iphone copied to my itunes. Anyone know how the heck to do this write, and to get everything set up on my mac the way it should be (library, syncing and so on) with my phone and my itunes?? :) Anything would be sooo much appreciated!!

So hello guys! I fear I will spend more time on these forums than I should, but what the ****... :)

Mike

Only purchased music would be copied over. If you want to get your entire library on your new MBP then archive it through itunes from you old machine and and restore it to your MBP.

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forum, that is one heck of a machine you're having.

Getting your music from your iPhone to your mac is gonna need an application, not just your standard syncing.

PodtoMac (works for iPhone's as well):)

OP
TheGreatApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow! Talk about some fast responses!

Thank you all for the welcome and the tips! Freeware sounds good to me ;)

I did mean moving over all paid purchases over which all my music is (from itunes).

I will give it a shot right now! :)

Reaction score
haha, that may well have happened, probably for a reason though.
The Mod's here take their job very seriously, and their reputation precedes them.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
Thanks Sur3Mac for the info I was looking for a software too

OP
TheGreatApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha, that may well have happened, probably for a reason though.
The Mod's here take their job very seriously, and their reputation precedes them.:)

Honestly,

That's perfectly fine with me! I prefer that on a forum!

Again thanks guys! I'm totally in love with my Mac!

And by the way...that software that was recommended Pod to Mac is killer. It's so simple and easy and worked perfectly and even took all the songs on my phone that were uploaded through cd's and not purchased.

Again thanks to all!

Reaction score
Honestly,

That's perfectly fine with me! I prefer that on a forum!

Again thanks guys! I'm totally in love with my Mac!

And by the way...that software that was recommended Pod to Mac is killer. It's so simple and easy and worked perfectly and even took all the songs on my phone that were uploaded through cd's and not purchased.

Again thanks to all!

Yup! That's what i've been using and its great! and FREE!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.53, 4gb, 250gb
I hope i'm not hijacking this thread, but I have a question along the same lines. I was able to use pod to mac to move all my music, movies, etc. However not the apps. How do you move apps from iphone to itunes on a new computer? Also should itunes start when you hook iphone to mac?

By the way I just got a new macbook pro 15" today. So far I really am loving it. But learning how to use it will take a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.