Adding date to threads ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
This is primarily for the great Mods we have here.

This a derivative of Anything goes forum and the Mods on changing things.

I read the Mods cant do it, its up to the Administrators, but going a little further is it possible to add the date to the thread under the heading thread starter, where the title of the thread and the thread starters name is ? The date the thread was started ?

As it is ATM we can only see the date of the last post. It is possible to guess the age of some threads, depending on how popular/interesting is by looking at how many have viewed it.
As has been stated in the above previous thread, i am too sick of seeing a thread and looking into it more to find it was started a while ago...

Just a suggestion ....

Cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Can't see that being of benefit. At least not to the newb to the forum. The people that come here and actually search for an answer, find an old thread that only partially answers their question, then ask a continuation question would end up getting overlooked after they did what all the others should have done.

I still have at least one of my 'how to' threads that is now well over 2 years old being found on a semi-regular basis with further comments and questions.

For the regulars, it is very easy to get into the habit of taking a quick glance at the date of the first post when you open a thread. I do it on every thread I open.

Reaction score
Seemed like a good idea to me too...oh well...:)

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Seemed like a good idea to me too...oh well...:)

Yea same here mate. As a noob i searched everywhere for answers and didnt worry about dates. I still looked to see how old they where but didnt take any notice of them, as i was looking for answers.
As i am now i still look at them, but dont post in something that is say for arguments sake 2 yrs old.
Its just a little feature to add for those that dont want or need to post in them.
oh well :)

Reaction score
On that note, I have but only one thing to say to you: "Wow on the Signature!";)

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On that note, I have but only one thing to say to you: "Wow on the Signature!";)

Thanks mate...... Having alot of fun playing around....:D :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.