• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

keyboards

E

Ex_PC_Puke

What are some reccomended apple compatible keyboards --- I'm trying to get used to the slim apple keyboard I got with my mini (I know it'll take most any USB keybd) I wanted to try what the "naitives" were using - but I'm finding hard to use ----- guess I got hooked on those mamoth PC kybds with the extra roomy wrist rest areas ----

Reaction score
I use a microsoft comfort wireless keyboard and mouse, it works just fine, even the little extra buttons like volume +/-, mute, and calculator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
PC_Puke said:
What are some reccomended apple compatible keyboards --- I'm trying to get used to the slim apple keyboard I got with my mini (I know it'll take most any USB keybd) I wanted to try what the "naitives" were using - but I'm finding hard to use ----- guess I got hooked on those mamoth PC kybds with the extra roomy wrist rest areas ----

Maybe buy an external wrist rest? The keys are full size, it's just the surrounding plastic frame that's slim.

The only thing I can't stand with that thing is that there's no way to lay it flat. Cranking my wrists up to that angle is not natural.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
arent you not supoed to rest your wrists on anything when you type....i always lift my hands and arms up when i need to type faster...it helps a lot.

more on topic. any keyboard will basically work, just find one your comfortable with by going to a computer store or something until you find what you are looking for

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I love my apple keyboard and mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
coach_z said:
arent you not supoed to rest your wrists on anything when you type....i always lift my hands and arms up when i need to type faster...it helps a lot. [...]
True. You're supposed to use the wrist wrests when you're not typing...to rest your wrists. I don't personally use one anymore.

Ideally, you should have your keyboard on a tray, below your desk. Your chair should have adjustable armrests so that your elbows can rest on them with your fingers on the keyboard. Ideally.

benjamindaines said:
I love my apple keyboard and mouse.
I love my old Apple keyboard...the "Pro" keyboard that lies flat. I want another one of these. I'm hoping to find a new-old-stock one somewhere.

OP
J

jn4jenny

PC_Puke said:

I admit it--I love my Powerbook but when I'm at my "big desk" I use a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard. I HATE Apple Keyboards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.