• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

mpegs on dvd question

S

skullion

i'm trying to make a dvd of various music videos in various mpeg forms (avi, mpeg2, mpg, etc.). so far, the only way i can get it to work is by converting the files into .mov files with ffmpegx. i burn with toast. is there a better/quicker/better quality way to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
first off, avi is not an mpeg format, and you should be able to convert the avi into a .mov and then drop it into the video tab in toast with the mpegs to burn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
Macman said:
first off, avi is not an mpeg format, and you should be able to convert the avi into a .mov and then drop it into the video tab in toast with the mpegs to burn.

how do you convert an avi to a mov or mpeg?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you can use different apps, my usual is divx doctor, that converts the .avi into a .mov, then if you really wanted to, you can use quicktime pro or a few other apps that will convert the .mov into an mpg.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.