my "more info" button cant be slected

Reaction score
can someone please help, i have looked all over for someone to have a fix for my problem. i have a feeling it's easy but i am new to being on macbook pro.
people go to the apple logo on the top left hand corner of there screen, than they click about this mac, and than hit more info. BUT... my more info is like blocked..
can someone help me. i have already registered my laptop and am still wondering why its not showing up?
please help..
thankyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility. Verify/Repair disk permissions and reboot. See if that works.

OP
P
Reaction score
i cant seem to find disk utility. It has disappeared somewhere. is it best if i put the mac c.d that came with the laptop in? than re-install it?
thank you

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Do you have the app 'System Profiler' on your machine?

It would also be in Applications / Utilities.

If you have deleted that, there's why nothing happens when you click on 'More Info' as that is the app 'More Info' opens.

If you have gone about deleting miscellaneous apps such as Disk Utility and System Profiler from your Mac, amongst who knows whatever other apps you may need, it could well be time to reinstall the OS.

OP
P
Reaction score
thank you BOBTOMAY :D
your the maaannn...
it worked but i took like hours to load . . and you know how it ask's to re-install. it took 11gb's of my memory instead of just replacing it.. ?
im confused..
because i had to do it 2 times because the 1st time it worked, than i turned it off for a break. than when i turned it on again it went str8 into my windows side. it normally boots into mac 1st. than i tried booting into mac and where the mac logo is it was changed to a danger logo.. i dont know what the logo is called.
but im just wondering if this is normal?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.