windows boots first on startup. want OSX first.

Reaction score
i bootcamped and windows 7 is now on my mac.

on startup it straight goes to windows. it doesnt ask if i want osx.

i just read somewhere that i press "option" at startup and it will allow me to choose.

i wanted to write this question on the forum before trying it because i dont wanna log back on and log in to here and then find the right thread and write this later.

being on windows 7 feels so native and i feel like im in anothe world and its not fast at all. =(

so is there a way to start OSX first before windows! i wanna just delete windows forevz off my backbook pro 13 inch unibody =(

if the option key does work..ill delete this thread fastly. but i wanted to stab in the air before i got lost again.

OP
D
Reaction score
pressing option didnt work. windows 7 isnt for me. halppppppp.

the mouse sensitivty is not the same as the mac...the internet isnt running as smoothly...so its hard trying to research how to undo this..

that could just be internet probz...but it feels like such a disaster....i want OSXXXXXXX

OP
D
Reaction score
okay i figured it out. you hold down the option key.

now i feel at home on the OSX.

i hear that you have to install drivers from the snow lep disk while on windows 7 to make it run good on a mac?

what do those drivers do? how does it affect windows rather than... right after i installed it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Once in OSX you can go to System Preferences and choose your startup disk and never worry about the option key unless you want to boot Windows.

Reaction score
Also, once you've installed the drivers in Windows 7 from your OSX disc then a Boot Camp icon will be added to the system tray). In future you can then just click on this to restart in OSX

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.