• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anything Goes

Reaction score
Anything Goes (20 Viewing)
Discuss whatever you want here.

THEN STOP MOVING THREADS out of here if anything goes.. :Angry:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

And to quote schweb's post again:

Just as the title of this thread implies, you shouldn't put just anything in the Anything Goes forum.

In short... this is NOT the place to put threads asking for tech help of any kind.

Yes, I know that the Forum Home page describes it as, "Discuss whatever you want here."... but there are still Forum Rules and Forum Courtesy that should be followed when making a new thread.
There has been quite an increase of posts here lately that really shouldn't have been posted in the Anything Goes forum. Yes, this is a popular sub-forum, but it is not a dumping ground or a place to plug your thread just because you think it may get more attention here.
Please take the time to accurately place your posts when you create a new thread.
Software questions go in Software forums... Hardware questions go in Hardware forums. For example:
If you have a question about Safari and you use a MacBook... then your question goes in the appropriate Software forum. Your question is ultimately about a software application, not your actual MacBook's hardware. It shouldn't go in the MacBook forum and it shouldn't be put in the Anything Goes forum either.

There has been a lot of time taken and thought put into dividing Mac-Forums into the sub-forums you see here. We have based this on content we have seen over the years. This is for a good reason. Too many times I have seen someone post, "I did search but didn't find anything" when it is clear that the information was there already. By keeping your threads in the most appropriate forums and sub-forums makes it much easier for someone to find information they are seeking. All relative content is remanded to one location and thereby eliminating the need for an extensive search.

I would also like to remind every member here of some very important threads that will explain things in further detail:

Helpful Forum Features

Forum Rules

Forum Courtesy

Please everyone, new and old members alike, try to do your best to keep the order around here. Keep your threads in the proper area and let's continue to make this the helpful community that it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Not anything goes in anything goes?
That's like saying all snow is snow bar white snow. Pretty silly if you ask me. I think a better name like the above poster suggested is a good idea. Something letting new people to the forums know this is for non Mac advice chat. So we can direct their posts better to the right places.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yes its a bit of a funny one this topic...

It has recently been discussed in a recent thread in suggestions/comments/site support .....

LINKY

The mods are on our side here too ...... ^

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
then I vote you change it to " Off Topic" - <3

So do I, and many others as well. I am completely mystified as to why it remains unchanged.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You can change it, can't you cwa107?

Nope. I'm just a lowly mod. Ultimately, the decision rests with the admins and site owners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
And of course, the description needs some tweaking as well, or perhaps alone. If it explained anything, which it currently does not, the title could be left as is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
This isn't the first time this has been brought up, and I do agree, but as cwa says, it's ultimately up to the site owners (inet interactive).

Reaction score
Thats just like this page still exist:Classic Mac OS and Programs - Mac-Forums.com (dead link removed)
But its no longer in the menu. I would go haunt back over there and leave you X's alone.O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.