Windows 7 Pro Wireless Issues

Reaction score
I've spent the better part of the evening installing Windows 7 Professional onto my bootcamp partition, everything has gone pretty smoothly and the Snow Leopard Boot Camp drivers are all installed. Now i'm just having one problem:

The Airport Card in Windows 7 is a little crippled, it's working to the point where it detects wireless networks, however, when I join any network (secure or not), Windows 7 is never able to join.

Any leads? I'm wondering if the Airport Drivers might be outdated and if anyone has had any luck identifying an alternate model name (Broadcom?) and finding appropriate drivers from another manufacturer.

I have a 15" Macbook Pro (C2D, late-2006 model).

Thanks!

Reaction score
And you are not having any issues with wireless connections when you're running MacOSX?

Maybe an update of your wireless device on the windows side is needed, wich Software Update on the Mac side does not detect.

Or maybe try to repair the driver install with Install Disc.
I've read that the driver for Vista also works, worth a try... get it here

Just be sure to appropriately uninstall any previous ones, before doing so.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have the same model. May try installing Win7 Pro this weekend just as a test as I only ordered one copy that is going onto my HTPC.

Can tell you there was a driver issue with the airport card in that model. Mine would cause a kernel panic or the connection would go in and out depending on which point update I was using. Think it was 10.5.4 before the driver issue was totally resolved. It is possible whatever driver issue they had related to that card has been re-introduced in the Win drivers.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I installed the HP drivers to the same results, however, it looks like I'm able to successfully connect to my work's network, so possibly time to replace/upgrade my router???

I'm happy to report tho that networking works perfectly in VM Ware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.