• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's your new year's resolution (not the monitor:))

Reaction score
Okay, it seems like that time of the year is real close again.

The time where a lot of us have to face up to the fact that we are exercising
some awful habits that we really need to get rid of (again).

What I want you to do is to post your New Year's Resolution(s).
And of course keep us updated, and be honest (we're not your mother, we can take it:))

I'll start... due to the really harsh diagnose made by my doctor earlier this week, my new year's resolution is to definitely quit smoking after like 17 years.

So... who's next??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

I'll start... due to the really harsh diagnose made by my doctor earlier this week, my new year's resolution is to definitely quit smoking after like 17 years.

So... who's next??

HAHA you are comig out with some classic threads Sur3Mac :p

Hope the diagnosis isnt to harsh for you mate .......

Im with you. Giving up smoking after 23yrs ..... But mine will be a New November Resolution. Been told no surgeon will touch my back if i dont due to the lack of oxygen to the blood, which in turn will forever soften my discs ....

And oh how to be not breathless again

Woohoooooo;D :D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yea, don't worry about it too much. It's tough to imagine life without, but it's not terrible. I smoked for 2 years, a pack a day for the first year, and 2 packs a day the second. I quit in June 2006... kind of. It was a slow process, but after quitting for a significant amount of time, the idea of smoking again starts to gross you out a bit. They taste nasty and don't even do anything for you, really, other than take away the headache that you developed because of an addiction to the nicotine that never did anything for you anyway.

My new years resolution... hmm.

Be more responsible with my money and my life. It's a vague uninteresting resolution, but necessary. I'd also like to work my way up to supervisor or manager at best buy by the end of the year next year.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Stop sniffing glue.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
There are better things than gaming. IE Sniffing glue, and eating paste.

Oh yeah mine was to install that six pack that I said I was going to at the beginning of year but never did.

T

todd51

Good for you guys on trying to quit smoking. I will have two resolutions this November (might as well get started early, huh?). First one is similar to Sur3Mac and tattooedmac, is to quit smoking. I don't smoke regularly, but over the past year I've started in that whole "I only feel cravings after drinking" thing. Which I always thought was bull when I first heard about it, but it's true, I'll only want/need a cigarette after I've had about 4 or 5 beers in me.

My other one is the same as last years, was to gain more muscle. I'm one of those naturally thin people that everyone hates. Although I have gained weight, it's by no means muscle haha. I stand a good 6'5" and think I could use some more upper body strength. A solid 15 pounds of muscle would do me some good. I think I'm going to have my mother stick to a strict diet for me, since I still live at home and she cooks meals. I just have to find that perfect routine. This is very hard to accomplish with no weight bench. I guess it's up to the very limited free weights in the house, pushups, and the pull-up bar.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Ugh I fail at spelling....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Stop dipping. But idk... Copenhagen Wintergreen is coming out soon... yum!

Seriously though, if I can't stop, at least not do it as much.

Reaction score
Wish my Dad would quit, I also wish my Aunt would quit smoking. It's disgusting. As for my own resolutions..get a job, and then get my own car. Maybe.

...and to stop sniffing glue... :p

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
640x480! :D Naw, not enough for todays standards!

Not really sure, Go back to the Amiga? Run Windows 95 or better yet, ME on my Intel Mini! :D

And for sure, NO GLUE OR CHEW for this boy! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
resolutions don't work.. and since I've already quit smoking cold turkey, lost weight, etc.. Donno.. maybe a rim to rim in the same day?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
That'll be another one for me. Gain weight back. I had surgery on my nose last November, then injured the crap out of my shoulder in January. I have had bad knees for a while, but I pretty much stopped working out entirely because of my shoulder. Now hopefully after my physical therapy, i'll get some strength and range of motion back, and I'll be able to do push ups again so I can be jacked. Already almost pushing the 6 pack.

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
HAHA you are comig out with some classic threads Sur3Mac :p

Hope the diagnosis isnt to harsh for you mate .......

And oh how to be not breathless again

Woohoooooo;D :D :D :D

Nah, it wasn't that bad... I just had confirmed what I had been thinking for 3 yrs...with internet these days almost nothing gets by you, does it?
It's just that I have to undergo an operation like every year from now on to keep things normal for my nose and ears.

Im with you. Giving up smoking after 23yrs ..... But mine will be a New November Resolution. Been told no surgeon will touch my back if i dont due to the lack of oxygen to the blood, which in turn will forever soften my discs

I'm glad I'm not alone in this...haha... looks like we both have no choice but to pay the piper, do we?

Any way thanks for caring...;D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That'll be another one for me. Gain weight back. I had surgery on my nose last November, then injured the crap out of my shoulder in January. I have had bad knees for a while, but I pretty much stopped working out entirely because of my shoulder. Now hopefully after my physical therapy, i'll get some strength and range of motion back, and I'll be able to do push ups again so I can be jacked. Already almost pushing the 6 pack.

Would it be rude to ask for a before and after? I like seeing transformations for some reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
mine for this year:

Run 500 miles again. i would have bumped it up to 750, but i have knee problems.
Pay off all credit card debt. that is scheduled to happen in April or May.

let's hear yours because the new year has started.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.