Can't listen to cd music that was burned on my emac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I've got a new emac with a superdrive and when I burn a cd with audio files I can't listen to it on my car radio or another sound sytem! I use 48x cd's. I used to burned cds with my old imac 333 and I never experienced that kind of problems...Got a clue?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Are you burning the CDs as Data CDs with Mp3 files on them or audio CDs? What program are you using to burn them?

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I burned those as audio files with itunes. After that I tried to burn them with toast...same thing! By the way, my emac can read them... Maybe is a question of speed recording or it's just that the cd-r I bought are cheap!?!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Have you tried a different brand or kind of CDs? That's the only thing that I can think of.

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes! I think that's maybe the problem! I bought some (natural CD-R 48X) in special!!!!! I used to burn imation Cd-R before.... Can the brand of cd reallly can make a difference?

M

meltbanana314

bellastrada said:
Can the brand of cd reallly can make a difference?

Yes. I use new Memorex CD-Rs and they work perfectly. I used to have a bunch of 1.5 year old Verbatim CD-Rs but I threw them out because they kept screwing up. I think the age was effecting burn quality as well.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think in your case it might be the problem. In my graphic design class, this girl next to me, she bought these CDs that would absolutely not be accepted by the mac computer. Every time, she would insert these CDs that she bought the mac would just spit them back without any reason. The teacher thought that since the write speed of the CDs were so high that the mac couldn't do anything with them.

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks iWhat! I think that the cds are the problem too!... Next time i'll look for the quality better than the price ! ;)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately, the odd adage strikes again, "You get what you pay for." Yikes! :eek:neye:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.