Setting-up Shared Printers

G

gtee

I have recently been struggling setting-up our home printers to share between 2 G5 iMacs and a WinXP Pro box.

Sharing between imacs was a breeze but sharing the printer connected to the XP box was a LOT harder.

I came across a fantastic site that explains everything set-by-step and now all of my printers can be used by any machine.

The site is -

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/macosx.html

Hope it helps someone as it has helped me.

OP
S

Strykerz_1

Awesome link....I have been struggling with just this problem for about a week...Mucho thanks!!!!

OP
S

Strykerz_1

Just finished using that guide and it works like a charm!!!! Many thanks to the OP. My forehead was getting sore from banging it on the desk.....

OP
T

Tom in AZ

Very nice how-to. I am still getting a NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED error after enabling that stuff in my windows box.

OP
G

gtee

Passwords

Tom in AZ said:
Very nice how-to. I am still getting a NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED error after enabling that stuff in my windows box.

Hi Tom,

I got those too - initially.
It seems so long ago but I think it had to do with the Windows box needing to have a User account that was password protected. I mean - the User had to use a password to log-on to the machine.

OP
T

Tom in AZ

gtee said:
Hi Tom,

I got those too - initially.
It seems so long ago but I think it had to do with the Windows box needing to have a User account that was password protected. I mean - the User had to use a password to log-on to the machine.

Ok, I'll add up a user with a password on the XP box, it sounds like a logical possibility. I will say this, I do feel way more secure on that Mac than my PCs. Heh, I am going to need to pick up a Mac Mini now for home use. LOL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.