• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie '09: Map effect

Reaction score
I stumpled across the feature in iMovie '09 that allows you to specify two cities on the map/globe and then it draws a line between the two. This makes a nice effect for travel/vacation videos, etc.

My question is, does anyone know how (or is it possible) to add more than two cities?

Lets say you want to layout a tour of 10 cities, could you show that?

What I want to do is show the video of Point A to Point B and then show video and photos from Point B, then have the line extend to Point C without losing the previous mark on the map. Make sense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I had fun playing around with this. Unfortunately, I can't see a way to get the effect (previous lines) you want.

Reaction score
well, no, you can't add multiple cities. but if you add each clip back to back, the red line fades away and the trip continues... it's not what you're looking for, I know, but it's something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", iPhone 4, iPad 8gb Wifi
On that questions, is it possible to add more cities to the map? I find that there are a lot of the places I have visited in my last video that wont show up on the map. Otherwise can you add them manually?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You can set a custom location for the start and end location. Click on each when that site window pops up. It will flip around and allow you to choose an existing site, or enter the longitude and latitude like this location 45.000,-123.9895 which has a sign stating it is at latitude 45. Note the comma between the numbers.

I haven't read through this link but apparently you can update the file iMovie uses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.