• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New MB, Mini, iMac and Mouse.

Reaction score
How come there are no threats on this yet?
Anyways, check it out on Apple - iMac - All-in-one desktop design., it appears that it now features a quad core processor and a larger, 16:10 ratio display for watching HD material. An ATI 4670 is now also available as an option, though the 4850 stays as the high end graphics card.

Oh and it also ships with a completely redesigned mouse, named "Magic Mouse", but I suppose you would want to read about it directly from the source rather than here.. Or watch the video.. pretty good stuff

T

todd51

Yea I was just going to post about this. Finally, I've been waiting for a new one for about 2 months. Totally going to buy one to replace my old MBP! I figured now that I'm out of college, I don't need a laptop anymore and I've been wanting an iMac for a lonnnng time.

Now, do I get the 27 inch or not? ;)

OP
C
Reaction score
I would totally go for it ;) but the store appears to be down so can't say anything about the pricing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Arrrgh...anyone want to buy a July '0 3.06 with 1tb? :(

lol...I do like the new mouse though....anyway the 27" won't fit on my desk with my 23" ACD next to it...

Booooooo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
The SD card slot is a very nice addition. I wish that my weeks old iMac had that! :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I just saw these on the apple website, the lower bezel on the iMac now looks PERFECT for me! The old ones were too large for my taste. The new mouse looks FANTASTIC!!! Can't wait till they come out on display! The new macbook white also looks really nice with it's upgrades!

The SD card slot is a very nice addition. I wish that my weeks old iMac had that! :Not-Amused:

You could probably get a difference in price since a new one got released so close to your purchase date. Apple is good with that kind of stuff.:D

T

todd51

Hmm..I don't like the fact that you can't get the quad core processor in the 21.5 inch screen. That kinda stinks, almost forces me to get the larger screen for more processing power. I don't think a 27" iMac would fit on my desk with a 22" widescreen monitor hooked up to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.0 GHZ 10.6.1
Awesome, awesome awesome! 16 GB of Memory!!!!!! 2TB HDD, and the really new magic mouse! superior stuff. haha, and just days before Win7 release. Wonder how sales will be impacted!

will apple have MS chasing it all over again?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
That new 27" iMac is pretty amazing!:)

- Nick

T

todd51

Man, I'm a little torn right now. I dont' know which model I want! I was kinda hoping for a quad-core processor in a smaller package, but that 27 inch screen is amazing!

Now my external drive isn't sufficient enough for backups either. I only have a 500GB FW drive, now I would have a 1TB internal drive. AHHhhh!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
todd, you know you want it, just get the 27" and upgrade it to the i7.

So, you might have to get a new desk also. No big deal.

T

todd51

todd, you know you want it, just get the 27" and upgrade it to the i7.

So, you might have to get a new desk also. No big deal.

You are the death of my paycheck, bobtomay. Haha, I just can't decide. I mean it's not like I need that big of a display. Heck, I have a 52 inch television for my PS3 and everything, I don't think I need that big of a computer screen, especially since I'll be hooking up my other 22" monitor to it. I guess since the fact that the new 27" with the quad core processor doesn't ship until November, that gives me time to put aside more money from my next couple of paychecks. That sounds like a very resonable idea. I've waited 2 months, I think I can go one more right?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man, I'm a little torn right now. I dont' know which model I want! I was kinda hoping for a quad-core processor in a smaller package, but that 27 inch screen is amazing!

Now my external drive isn't sufficient enough for backups either. I only have a 500GB FW drive, now I would have a 1TB internal drive. AHHhhh!

Folks will quickly pick up on this point I am about to make as well...regarding the new 27" iMac.

If someone is looking for a new computer...and wants a big display...the new 27" iMac is a heck of a deal.

Consider this...the new 27" iMac with the LED display & 3.06ghz core 2 duo processor is $1699. Now consider that the 24" LED external display Apple sells is $899.

Now of course the 27" monitor is worth more than the 24" monitor...but subtract the $899 cost for the Apple 24" external monitor from the $1699 price of the new iMac...and that's only $800 for the computer portion of the iMac (4 gig ram, 1.0 tb hard drive, 3.06ghz CPU, ATI 4670 graphics).

For $800 bucks you can't even come close to getting an equally configured Mac-mini for that price.

Plus wait 4-6 months...and the $1699 price for the new 27" iMac will be $1499...making it an even better deal!!!:)

Of course if Apple reduced the price of the 24" external LED display...that would change the economics of the deal.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Glad to see they did some cosmetic surgery on that big chin! Still wish it wasn't there at all.

Great improvements overall. Wish I had the cash for a 27". Maybe I'll get one of the new mice for my b-day. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think a 27" iMac would fit on my desk with a 22" widescreen monitor hooked up to it.

I really liked what "bobtomay" mentioned earlier...you could always get a [size=+1]bigger[/size] desk!;)

Of course then you may need a bigger room for the bigger desk...and then a bigger home to have the bigger room!!!

You see what happens when Apple releases a new 27" iMac...you end up needing a BIGGER house for it!;)
When does it end!!!
smiley-laughing024.gif

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I ordered one. I'll be posting a review on the Mac-Forums blog as soon as I've received it and have a chance to test.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You see what happens when Apple releases a new 27" iMac...you end up needing a BIGGER house for it!;)
When does it end!!!

- Nick

AHhahhHAHAHhA....i like it
smiley-laughing024.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.