• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Iphone 4g?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
Since Sprint's recent release of their "4g network" I'm wondering if a 4G is on the drawing boards. My main interest in this is mainly because i cracked my 3g Screen and am eligible for an upgrade so i may be getting the 3GS, BUT, it would suck to get a 3GS if a new 4g is going to be coming out in a couple of months, Discuss away......

New iPhone 4G Concept Is Son of MacBook Air and iPod Touch - iPhone chat - Gizmodo

Getting my hopes up with articles like these......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
well actuallly that is the article tht i saw b4 3GS came out so its a possibility but still not sure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
If 4G was just announced it will be sometime until apple puts out a product to support it. There will be extensive testing that goes into the new product. My guess is 8 months to 1 year.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's kind of what i figured, it took about a year and a half between the 3g and the 3GS i think, well i guess my arm will just have to get twisted :Shouting: and get a 3GS :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
For starters, the 3GS came out exactly one year after the 3G, not a year and a half.

As for a 4G iPhone, don't even think about it for several years. The 4G technology being deployed by Verizon and AT&T is called LTE. It's still on the drawing board at AT&T and is currently in testing by Verizon. We might see a 4G Verizon network late next year, but only in major metropolitan areas. AT&T is probably going to start testing late next year or more likely in 2011 with deployment coming late 2011 or 2012.

If Apple has a five year exclusivity plan with AT&T as it was initially rumored, then no 4G hardware until 2012 (first iPhone came out in 2007), which would be in line with AT&T's deployment schedule. Now if it's only three years, as some would speculate, that would put the end of the contract at next summer. However, that's still too early for even Verizon's LTE network. As such, the next generation iPhone, if it's released next summer, will NOT be 4G enabled as the network simply won't be there. I suspect we'll be waiting for the fifth (2011) or sixth generation (2012) until 4G hardware is built in.

If you hear people saying that the 4G iPhone is coming out next summer, they're referring more to the fact that it's the fourth generation iPhone (3G was second generation, not third generation as the title might imply; the 3GS was third generation), not that it's going to be using the 4G network.

Reaction score
Here's a story...
I can't seem to find the article anymore, but in there it stated that a prototype of the iPod 4G has already been produced,

stolen by an employee wich lost it again, killed himself over it, and the device is presumed to be lost.

Urban legend? Maybe, but they also said that theres some kind of witch hunt
going on in order to find the device.

Oddly enough nothing was said about features or specifications of the iPhone 4G.
I'll continue searching for the article, and will of course post it, if found.

Note: I'm just posting what I've read, I'm kinda sceptic about this myself.

Well, I did find something about a suicide over a lost iPhone, but it didn't say
if it was a prototype 4G, as did in the article I read earlier this week.

I'll just assume it's a made up story, but for the ones who like to read this...

TG Daily - iPhone suicide: is a phone worth dying for?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya there are SOOOO many stories out there about it, and SOO many pictures of a new design that some guy made in his basement. I have to say though their designs are pretty incredible. I would say apple will come out with atleast a new phone next summer, hopefully it is redesigned like some of the drawings people have been making. Knowing Apple they will out-do anything thats out on the market x10. Can't wait for it.

This is one of my favorites here......

iphone4g-new-concept-02jpgjpeg.jpg

Reaction score
Buy a new screen off ebay for $26, repair it yourself, wait til next summer for the new iPhone to come out.....that's what I did/doing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
@ace.13unibody that pic is beautiful! love the cam on the front an the design is like ipod touch (which i like)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Apple needs to do something new and interesting with the home screen on the iPhone/Touch. While it's really useful to have those apps at a single touch away, the competition is putting out some impressive-looking graphic displays. Some may not agree, but the iPhone interface is looking a little dated in comparison.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
AT&T needs to get 3g rolled out everywhere before they start working on 4g.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is very true, Verizon is kinda kicking there *** with their new advertising, "Pick coverage before you pick a phone"

Reaction score
Apple needs to do something new and interesting with the home screen on the iPhone/Touch. While it's really useful to have those apps at a single touch away, the competition is putting out some impressive-looking graphic displays. Some may not agree, but the iPhone interface is looking a little dated in comparison.

I know that's your opinion and your entitled to it, But personally I think the interface is still ahead of the competition. If it ain't broke don't fix it :)!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
The reason I think next iPhone will be iPhone 4G is for two reasons:
#1: 4G wireless technology
#2: this will be the 4th generation iPhone (think about it 1G=original iphone, 2G=iphone 3G, 3G=iphone 3GS, so 4G= iPhone 4G).

4G data speeds would be freakin awesome. I'd love to have a much faster processor too (or at least lessen the cap on the processor speed)

Reaction score
#2: this will be the 4th generation iPhone (think about it 1G=original iphone, 2G=iphone 3G, 3G=iphone 3GS, so 4G= iPhone 4G).

4G data speeds would be freakin awesome. I'd love to have a much faster processor too (or at least lessen the cap on the processor speed)

I don't think we're going to look at 4g speeds anytime soon UNLESS verizon is one of the carriers that gets the iphone next year and still even 4g will only be ready in 4 cities by 2010. with att your looking around 2012 2013 until you see regular 4g and verizon 2011 2013. consider the fact no major telco project has been done on time in so long and verizon is ditching cdma and going to GSM (LTE)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You're gonna want to look up at my earlier post in this thread regarding 4G networks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

No offense, but neither of your reasons make any sense. If there is a 4G network in the works, it won't be consumer accessible for some time and your second reason really does not make sense. It would do you well to read the previous posts to absorb a little info. before posting.

Reaction score
From what I've heard its supposed to have video phone that works via Skype. So all international calls will be free!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've also heard that it has a flux capacitor and an interoceter. Once it gets done curing cancer, it will get straight to work on solving the rest of the mysteries of the universe.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I've also heard that it has a flux capacitor and an interoceter. Once it gets done curing cancer, it will get straight to work on solving the rest of the mysteries of the universe.

Since it has that Flux Capacitor does it have to go 88 Miles Per Hour before it cures the cancer and everything else?

:D

Sorry, that Flux Capacitor part of Back To The Future always makes me LOL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.