.vob to .jpg conversion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Hey. I had a DVD with a Photo Album inside. I extracted the photos but they came out as .vob files. I can play these .vob files in VLC media player, the problem is that they play as a video. It is one image for 2 seconds and then a transition to the next image, and that's all. There is some unclear music in the background too.

I want to extract the first image from the .vob file. I want it to be of good quality, hence I'm not doing a Screen-Capture. Any ideas how I can go about doing this extraction?

Thanks in advance for ur help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
If you can play them on your Powerbook, do a screen capture, and you should find you get as good quality as you would any other way, as it's a digital-to-digital operation. There's no reason the data embedded in the file should be any better quality than it appears on the screen. I fear you may be disappointed with the quality, however.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.