iMail Outbox and manual 'send'

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out how to get my Outbox to show up in the little grey bar down the side of iMail with the Inbox and Sent Items etc.

Also, I don't want it to send the mail until I tell it to. I've worked out how to set the Get Mail to manual, but I can't for the life of me find where to set the Send to manual.

Any ideas?

My MacBook Pro (running Snow Leopard) is only 4 days old, so please forgive my PC thinking and thanks for your help :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Firstly, I'm going to assume you mean Mail, since there is no such thing as "iMail."

Secondly, there is no "Outbox." There should a Sent folder, and possibly a Drafts folder. (If you don't actually have any draft messages, there won't be a Drafts folder.)

Thirdly, sending mail is always manual: you have to click the Send button, and it sends. It will not send mail until you click the Send button. If you don't want to send a message, don't click Send; instead, just save the message as a draft.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.