Doing serious work on a mac for 4 days now, heres my experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
well im the guy who had the dually die and im looking to get a dual g5. No its not here yet sadly..i still hafta order it

So now my main machine is a G3, oc'd to 300mhz, with 384mb ram. Finally pulled my PC out of its place and put the mac in....hooked up to dual monitors for a more "at home" feeling...

well i must say, from the get go i liked it. COnfigured the dual monitors **** good, i just hadda move the taskbar at top..after about an hour i got my old everything inplace feel...changed the wallpaper. HOLY CRAP i can have separate wallpaper per monitor? thats a new one!

now normally my g3 runs terrible slow,thats why i only used IMs on it...i was using adium x to chat on all services, however the dumb thing constnatly locked up on me....so i just settled for iChat...

HOLY CRAP CAN HIS MAC MULTITASK! i was able to run photoshopCS, DreamweaverMX, and iTUnes at once, while chatting on iChat..NO LAG

that right there amazes me. On my dually with 512mb ram, if i ran photoshop and dreamweaver, i couldnt do anything else....amazing..

i look forward to the G5...it might be overkill...but then again i dont care

U

untoastytoast

MadSkillzMan said:
i look forward to the G5...it might be overkill...but then again i dont care

thats the right attitude
bigthumb.gif

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
i really dont know why people frown upon these machines, i cant see why youd sit on a PC. heck id take an SGI IRIX box over a pc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.