re-naming a boot camp partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1GHz, 4GB RAM 120gb HDD
a while ago i created a partition for windows XP in boot camp, i can't remember if there was a problem or something but either way windows XP is running fine in boot camp... BUT... for some reason the partition of the drive is called "Untitled" I have google'd for ages on how to rename it but can't find anything... anyone know how to? :(

picture1pk.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
You can highlight the drive and hit enter to rename the volume. Alternatively, right click the volume (drive), and select GetInfo. You will see a 'Name & Extension' section. Here you can change the name of the Volume to whatever you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
That won't work unless you have software installed to write to NTFS volumes. The easiest way is to simply boot into Windows and change the name of the C: drive from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
hat won't work unless you have software installed to write to NTFS volumes.

Correct. If it's FAT32 you can change the name from within OSX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.