Getting strange icons during boot

C

cadsmn

I have started seeing two strange icons when I boot my PowerBook. I used to just see the Apple logo now I see this icon of the world that flashes for a while. Then I see a icon of a folder that alternates a question mark and a finder icon. Any suggestions why this is happening? I had tried to configure my PowerBook to act as a bluetooth access point but I have removed all the files I created and undid any changes but I am still seeing the same icons. Help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
check system preferences>startup disk>make sure your os x installation is selected, it sounds like its trying to connect to or boot from a network. thats the earth thing, the question mark flashing means it can't find it, so it goes to your os x installation.

OP
J

Jefe3223

Yeah, when I first used my lappy, it would do that as it scans to connect to a network. You can just turn that off (with said, way) and it should start up straight from your HD volume and skip the network part. Eh, why they do such fun, crazy things?...The world may never know.

OP
C

cadsmn

Thanks Macman! That was exactly the problem. I changed it back to my OS installation and rebooted and it worked perfectly. Thanks again for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.