• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

nicknames....what you go by?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
what kind of nicknames do any of you have or go by and where you get them?

the close friends call me: BL1NG BL1NG
which is funny because im a little white punk kid, i got it through the fact that i have a nice looking home and everyone thinks i got $$$ which isnt really true

this weekend i picked up the alternate nickname of: Tofu
because im vegan

i figure that a complete nonsense post is always fun among all this computer talk.

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Well, as the forum name suggests, my nickname is DevilBoy. I got it cus my real name is Dave, and I hang with about 3758 other guys named Dave. So to differentiate us in conversation, we all got nicknames. I got mine because I am the one that has tattoos, wears black and plays guitar in a Goth band. :black:
But most of my friends just call me D.B. for short.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Some of my friends call me Fez because they think I look like the guy from "that 70's show".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
To most I'm
"The Chinless Wonder"

But to a few close friends who I've helped with their love life, I'm "Dr. Ryan" "The Shrink" and my favorite "Dr. Love"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
edgefusion said:
Some of my friends call me Fez because they think I look like the guy from "that 70's show".
lol, fez. your new avatar isn't as good as the old one IMO.
anyway, I'm known as a lot of things, mostly macman, sometimes, just that mac guy, as an artist, I've done lots of stuff, in the graffiti art styles I've had and still reference to every now and again, in the world of graffiti art, I'm usually referred to as Daze or Mase, or other times Sketch. I know, Mase is stupid, but that was way before the sucky rapper. In other circles, I am into all sorts of stuff;), I'm known as The Menace. I'm also referred to as the wall by smaller people.

M

meltbanana314

I'm known as 'Colgate' at school because of my "impossibly white teeth."

J

Jefe3223

My close friends call me Jefe (obviously). I also get Jeff, J., J.J., Jelly, Jelly J,. Smoke, Hempy...etc etc...I'm not sure how those started, 'cause I've never smoked anything in my life, i think it started as a joke...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
One of my friends calls me Stoner, and I've never smoked anything either. :flower:

I've also been called Beatlemaniac and Beatle Girl because I'm a huge fan of The Beatles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
solidstalin said:
Lol, I get called Stalin or macman :)
*pulls out his 45*
gun2.gif

X

xthisisRomancex

lol what did macman ( vencent) make your nick that one time staltin or was it stolin lol **** i cant remeber.

people call me scarin-aaron becasue that is my jokeingly rap name

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I've never had a nickname my whole life, but I don't think, it's fun to have one unless it complements you in some way.

Anyways, I'm good at giving people nicknames. In high school, this southern girl was at our lunch table, and I gave her the name "Boots", it always was said with a southern twang. We never even bothered to learn her name, and the nickname stuck forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Poo ... cause i always bowl second when we go bowling, and Poo is number 2. originally from a simpsons episode (Homer: (at bowling alley) "Are Poo and *** already taken?")

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
PC_Puke said:
Always gotta have a couple of aliases

Blues_Dude

Bad_JuJu_42

Just curious, why did they call you blues dood? Are you into Blues music or Guitar? I have been called that a few times for that reason.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
On the old BBS's and now Forums I have always tried to go by my real name and here dtravis7 is for Dennis Travis. I have been known though as TKK or The Karate Kid as I am into Karate and loved the movie of that name. The last BBS that I ran for years I was TKK or Karate Kid and people still call me that or Daniel San. I am suprised more people don't call me some sort of Mac something as I have always loved the Mac and especially since OSX came out. It really bugs my PC friends except for the few that actually took the time to check out OSX and then bought a Mac so they could run OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I do sometimes get called the "Mac Guru" at work. Being that I am probably the one and only Mac user/owner in the sea of Windows users that work in my office. Everytime someone has a Mac user call in, I am the first person they look for. And even when I have off, I sometimes come back to work with emails in my inbox with requests for callbacks to Mac users. I kind of like it...it does sort of give me a level of job security at my office because nobody else knows Macs or even cares to learn them.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
D3v1L80Y said:
I do sometimes get called the "Mac Guru" at work. Being that I am probably the one and only Mac user/owner in the sea of Windows users that work in my office. Everytime someone has a Mac user call in, I am the first person they look for. And even when I have off, I sometimes come back to work with emails in my inbox with requests for callbacks to Mac users. I kind of like it...it does sort of give me a level of job security at my office because nobody else knows Macs or even cares to learn them.

That's interesting that you are the only one at work, who can help out mac users, who call in. Where do you work at? It would just seem that if you support people with computer problems that there might be more people to help with the mac support. But it's best for you, since like you put, it's gives you a level of job security. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
iWhat said:
That's interesting that you are the only one at work, who can help out mac users, who call in. Where do you work at? It would just seem that if you support people with computer problems that there might be more people to help with the mac support. But it's best for you, since like you put, it's gives you a level of job security. :cool:
The company I work for deals with several different clients. The level of support could be as simple as directing a person on how to clear their browser cache to actually walking them through installing and setting up hardware/software/network and troubleshooting said hardware/software/network. It all depends on the client. Most of the clients are strictly Windows yet a few of them have Mac users mixed in. My company "doesn't see the merit in training for Macs" since there are "not enough clients that use them". Their answer to training for Mac is a couple of G4 towers (one of which does not even have OS X) that are used for troubleshooting purposes. Hehee, I often wonder what they did before I started working there, seeing that the techs I work with don't know Macs, its like the blind leading the blind. They are getting better though, since I am actually teaching them little things here and there. Plus, I will let them use my iBook if they really need to see or do something while they are on a call, rather than have them put someone on hold while they stroll over to the G4. They still come to me with questions though, and as long as they do I am fairly comfortable that I am not in danger of losing my job anytime soon. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.