So now I meed games for Mac OS where do I get them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13 Inch Aluminum 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB
So now I need games for Mac OS where do I get them?

I find it kind of lame that you can't just buy games from itunes like you can everything else. Am I wrong about this? If so please let me know I would LOVE to be wrong but all I have been able to find it iphone games. I did download the Mac Games Arcade from the Apple website. It's very similar to itunes which makes me wonder why I need two apps for stuff I download and buy. Anyway, where is a good place to get games for mac online? I want to be able to pay and download them. Preferably from Apple but the Mac Games Arcade selection is very limited. When will Apple integrate these apps? They should be intergrated imho. I bought a slots game at Frys that is supposed to be for Mac and it will not install not matter what I do. I checked the website of the maker and there was a patch at one time I guess but nothing happens when I click it. I am assuming because the game is from 2006 that the patches are just not available anymore. It sucks. It's a Phantom FX game. Good thing I got it for under 4.00 lol I have another version for my PC that I love so that's why I bought it.

Anyway if anyone can give me any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the links!! Much appreciated!

Reaction score
I agree it's 'weird' that there's no AppStore for Mac OS X applications and -games though. One central point from which you can buy and download software for your Mac.

Reaction score
I agree it's 'weird' that there's no AppStore for Mac OS X applications and -games though. One central point from which you can buy and download software for your Mac.
Retro-fitting the existing app catalog (like games which have copy protection and such) would be expensive and a hassle for what would be potentially very few sales. The iTunes App Store is designed for small apps which can be tightly controlled because they have known their entire life on that store. Trying to scale that up to multi-gigabyte games and apps would take way too much bandwidth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
\m/ nice name.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I'm obviously no expert but I personally would buy games if they had them available on itunes. I don't have an iphone so I don't buy those apps but I do buy lots of music, movies, music videos and surely I would buy games too. It seems weird to me that it's not an option except for with Mac Games Arcade. I like the app because it makes downloading and organizing easy. Also browsing titles but wish that it didn't have to be a seperate app than itunes.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Retro-fitting the existing app catalog (like games which have copy protection and such) would be expensive and a hassle for what would be potentially very few sales. The iTunes App Store is designed for small apps which can be tightly controlled because they have known their entire life on that store. Trying to scale that up to multi-gigabyte games and apps would take way too much bandwidth.

Maybe so, but it works perfectly well for Steam (the Windows-based platform that basically does what 'we' would like). Ofcourse, the Windows market is still bigger than the Mac's, but it's plausible to downsize accordingly.. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.