windows sp3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook (W) 2.16ghz 2gb w/ XP
When i try to update it claims i do not have enough hard drive space and that it needs an extra 4mb or so.... this is a lie, i have 11 or so gb free on my windows partition. with 31gb i think total to windows space. what is going on with this, what should i do to make this work?

edit: this is windows xp sp3, sorry i didn't mention that sooner. also my mac side is running 10.6 with a 120gb (xp+osx) total hard drive

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook (W) 2.16ghz 2gb w/ XP
i have the message that i receive with me now, it states:

"there is not enough disk space on C:\... to install sevice park 3. setup requires a minimum of 4 additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files for uninstallation, setup requires 4 additional megabytes of free space. free additional space on your hard disk and then try again"

M

maovar

I believe you can not install service packs in your bootcamp after you install windows! I had to uninstall SP on my bootcamp because it was causing errors!!!

These message is in the installation guide:

Important: You must use a single full-install Windows installation disc (Service Pack 2 is required for Windows XP installations). Do not use an upgrade version of Windows and do not install an earlier version of Windows XP and attempt to update it later to SP2 or later. Use only 32-bit versions of Windows. If you have a Mac Pro or a MacBook Pro introduced in early 2008 or later, you can use a 64-bit version of Windows Vista.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Boot_Camp_Install-Setup.pdf

good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.