Macromedia Director Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey Guys & Girls.

I dont know if any of you use Macromedia Director MX But heres my problem anyway:

I am creating an "Interactive Book" as part of a Uni project. The book is titled: "A Beginners Guide to The Electric Guitar"

Now, I have created most of the book on PC (because Director is supposed to be "cross platform") and i have created some elements on MAC. Now because the final piece has to work on both PC and MAC this is where it "hits the fan" so to speak. I have transitions implemented into ym design that make changing "pages" a little more aesthetically pleasing. These transitions work fine when i create a projector on PC but do not work at all when i create a projector on MAC. They do work on MAC however if i publish the final piece as a shockwave element for the web. The only problem then is that my "exit" button which i have scripted using lingo to quit the program once the user has finished with it does not work in shockwave.

I have searched the help files and still cannot find any answers as to why the transitions are not working (i have even tried changing all the transitions within my project several times to see if it is ust a problem with the kind of transitions i was using - but no joy :()

If anyone has any suggestions, tips, help or anything i would really, really apprechiate it as it is anoying me now. lol

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Reaction score
think you'll have to create two seperate projector files. One for the mac and one for the PC or a shockwave alternative.

I dont really understand your problem?? Explain it a bit more and I may know.

I work alot with Director MX on the PC and MX 2004 on the Mac. What course you in? :headphone

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Im doin Interactive Multimedia at The University Of Lincoln (Hull Campus) (UK).

The problem i am having is simply this:

Transitions that i have applied work on PC both within the director program and when i create a projector. The same transitions (or any for that matter) that i apply on the MAC varsion of my projecto DO work within the director program, but don't work when i create a projector. They DO work when i publish the peoject as a shockwave file BUT, i have a button that allows the user to exit the "E-Book" when finished, this does not work in shockwave.

Its swings and roundabouts, i get one thing to work and another thing does'nt :(

P.S I am creating two seperate projector files, one on PC and one on MAC.

Thanks for the info,

Regards,

Reaction score
MrChris said:
Im doin Interactive Multimedia at The University Of Lincoln (Hull Campus) (UK).

The problem i am having is simply this:

Transitions that i have applied work on PC both within the director program and when i create a projector. The same transitions (or any for that matter) that i apply on the MAC varsion of my projecto DO work within the director program, but don't work when i create a projector. They DO work when i publish the peoject as a shockwave file BUT, i have a button that allows the user to exit the "E-Book" when finished, this does not work in shockwave.

Its swings and roundabouts, i get one thing to work and another thing does'nt :(

P.S I am creating two seperate projector files, one on PC and one on MAC.

Thanks for the info,

Regards,

... Thats strange. I know it works fine across both platforms for me.

Maybe just check the sprite preferences on the mac and see are they the same as the PC???

..... I tshould work fine though. :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.